We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madaba to Petra and Wadi Rum to Amman - which route

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Madaba to Petra and Wadi Rum to Amman - which route

I'll be travelling by taxi from Madaba to Petra and several days later Wadi Rum to Amman (would also have been Amman to Dead Sea / Mt Nebo / Madaba prior to this).

Which route is the best to take - ie dessert or kings highway, going out to Petra I was thinking the fastest route so I can enjoy more time in Petra, but coming back from Wadi Rum to Amman I possibly have some free time - what are suggested stops and how long would they take, also open to suggestions if I will miss something big on the way to Petra

Thanks

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Madaba to Petra and Wadi Rum to Amman - which route

Hiya! You will receive more advice from regular posters soon. However, as a start, the Desert Highway is the shortest route. You may visit Kerak Castle und Dana Nature Reserve, among other sites, when driving on the King's Highway.  

You may consider staying in Amman the night before going to Petra, taking the Jett bus to Petra early in the morning. The bus trip takes less than 4 hour und is loads less expensive than a taxi. This is an option für going to Petra, if it fits your itinerary und travel style.

Take care und have a wonderful hols. Cheers!

Edited: 17 March 2014, 00:01
Petra
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madaba to Petra and Wadi Rum to Amman - which route

What you could do is take the beautiful King's Way from Madaba to Petra and visit Karak, Dana and Little Petra along the way. Then visit Petra the next day and if you want more time also the day after that. Then in the afternoon you go to Wadi Rum, sleep in one of the camps and do a jeep tour in the morning before taking the fast Desert Highway back to Amman or to the airport. Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

3. Re: Madaba to Petra and Wadi Rum to Amman - which route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18