We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

Hi all,

I'm visiting Israel in the end of June. While my main focus would be Israel I would love to visit Petra for a day or two.

My concern is related with the fact that I have another trip planned for later this year to Dubai, UAE. I know that some Arab countries (UAE included) do not permit an entry visa if you have an Isreali stamp in your passport. My understanding is that this has been solved by Israeli authorities by putting their stamp on a separate piece of paper. HOWEVER, the issue of Jordanian passport control stamping your passport on the way in and out (and hence showing signs of you being in Israel) still remains. Am I wrong? Is there a similar practice in Jordan to stamo a separate piece of paper? or maybe there is another way to avoid future problems with passport controlsof Arab countries?

Any adviceswould be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

No, you are completely right. A Jordanian stamp on your passport is obligatory, and I have only heard of one occasion when the tourist has succeeded in not getting a Jordanian stamp (she was a blonde!)

You are also completely right in that this Jordanian stamp is a complete giveaway.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

Thank you for the response.

As much as I wanted to visit Petra, I guess I'll have to leave Jordan for a separate trip.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 07:45
West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

If you enter Jordan via the King Hussein Bridge do you get your passport stamped? I thought that Jordan treated the West Bank as part of Jordan and did not stamp the passport.

If you enter Jordan this way you have to get a Visa in advance as they are not issued at the bridge. Not sure if the visa is attached to the passport or not?

Then when you leave via the bridge you have to pay the departure tax. Is is something entered into your passport for the departure tax?

Would this be a possible way for Todor T to visit with no stamp?

Amman
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

You should be able to enter the UAE even if there is an Israeli stamp in your passport.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

the stamp will show the " Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan " plus the date and the border crossing.

between, land, sea and air,,, there are over 14 entry points into Jordan. I would not worry about it,

ciao

A99

6. Re: Entering Arab country after visiting Jordan through Israel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20