We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat to Petra Transfer

Manly, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Eilat to Petra Transfer

Hello Everyone, I will be travelling to Israel soon and the trip will finish in Eilat, I have decided to donate 5 or 6 days to Jordan. Are there any companies that would transfer me my wife and two kids (aged 11 and 13) from Eilat to Petra. We are also interested in visiting Wadi Rum, so could that be put in the itinerary as well. After two nights in Petra we would like to travel to Amman so would a transfer company take us there as well. Are there busses?

I would very much appreciate a reply, George

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat to Petra Transfer

I would visit Wadi Rum first and then move onto Petra as Wadi Rum is on the way. If you contact a guide company for Wadi Rum and book a tour with them they can easily have a taxi pick you up on the Jordanian side of the border and deliver you to them in Wadi Rum. Likewise after your time with them they can arrange a taxi to Wadi Musa (Petra) for you or there is a daily bus which is cheaper. My wife and I used www.bedouinlifestyle.com and liked it very much. Attallah, the owner, was very responsive to our needs and requests and made sure everything went as planned. He rearranged the tour to better suit our needs and arranged transportation to the border for us so we could get there at a certain time. It depends how much time you have but a full day with overnight was wonderful. If you cant spare that many days then like I said they can always do a 1-6 hour jeep tour and then you could move onto Wadi Musa although you would definitely have to use a taxi then as the daily bus to Wadi Musa departs around 11AM.

There are buses from Wadi Musa to Amman as well. JETT www.jett.com.jo operates a daily bus which departs around 4:30-5:00PM. Again you could always take a taxi. My wife and I stayed in Madaba rather than Amman. Its only a short drive outside of Amman so you could still visit Amman and you can get taxi tours to everywhere from there as well. Might be a better choice for your family.

This website may help you with further planning for Jordan...

www.jordanjubilee.com

2. Re: Eilat to Petra Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:16