We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

Toronto
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

Hi anybody knows how much cas I should keep aside for taxi ride to Amman airport and how long is the ride on a weekday morning? Flight is @ 11:15am. What is a good time to leave hotel?

Thank you!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

I'm not sure what a metered taxi would cost. Private drivers would take 10-15JD or so, though it does sometimes fluctuate with gas prices. The ride should take 45-50 minutes max.

Don't base the cost on quotes for airport pickups, those always add in a bit extra for the driver having to sit and wait while people get their luggage and whatnot.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

Greasy it must have been some time since you were in amman

the current price is 20 jod daytime .Night time after 10 pm you pay extra for night shift.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Edited: 03 June 2014, 07:05
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

Yep, it has been a couple of months since I was there last. As I said in my last post, I know that rates fluctuate with gas prices, so I'm not surprised that it is a bit higher now. 20 is more than I would expect, but I'm not one to question it!

OP- Say it will be in the range of 15-25JD. As the taxis are metered (make them use it!), you won't need to worry about negotiating the best price. Just carry enough cash and use the change for random little souvenirs at the airport.

Toronto
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

Thanks folks! Quoted 25 jod the hotel ordered it. Appreciate your help!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

canuck I am glad your question has been answered

As it is known that taxis prices fluctuates with price of petro; add to that the fact that the taxi that drops you off at airport must return to amman with NO fare empty cos he can not take fare/passengers from airport.

so the money you pay pays foe two ways and not just 35 minutes ride to airport.

it is almost two hours of driving for taxi

I am not in defense of taxi i hate them they are cheats and a pest in Jordan who thrives on tourists. but I feel I must tell the truth about the industry.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

greasy

It dsnt seem too long since you were in Amman

I can only guess the taxi you picked and took less than 20 must be living in a town along the road to airport where he can return home after the airport fare

cheers

Raymond

7. Re: Taxi fare from Hotel Misk I Amman to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:16