We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Manifest

TEXAS
Level Contributor
6 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Manifest

I am planning on visiting Jordan soon and I need a little clarification of a few things.

I have heard of the possibility of a Visa Manifest at the border of Eilat.

1. Are there costs involved?

2. Does this process make the crossing process any easier and/or change the costs for crossing?

3. What is the general process of crossing the border?

4.What is the best time to cross the border?

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Manifest

Can you tell us just what a Visa Manifest is? At the moment if you enter Jordan at Aqaba, you qualify for a free ASEZ visa - which is free.

Could this be what you are thinking of?

2. It doesn't chagne anything as far as crosing the border is concerned

3. You arrive at the border, have your passport stamped to exit Israel, enter Jordan, get your passport stamped and continue on your way...

4. I don't think there is a bad time to cross. Obviously you would prefer not to find yourself behing a group of people, but no way to tell that in advance.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Manifest

Inaddition to the issues the previous poster mentioned, do check from a Jordanian consulate or embassy near you that if you are obliged to exit the country from the border you entered from. Here are the contact information for the Jordanian embassy in the U.S.; telephone: (202) 966 - 2664 and email: hkjembassydc@jordanembassyus.org

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Manifest

As for the time, the borders are open from 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM Sunday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Fridays and Saterdays. Holidays only include the Islamic Hijri New Year and the israeli holiday of "Yom Kippur".

Best of luck,

Hamad

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Manifest

No, there is no restriction on where you leave Jordan if you take the free Visa. This is definite.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,940 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Manifest

Dont you pay when you leave Jordan to go into Israel at the Arava crossing?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Manifest

Hi howardform ,

you will pay 10 JD per person Departure tax

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Manifest

Is this still relevant? I am crossing into Aqaba but want to leave from Amman airport. Within 30 days. Also do you know if it's possible to extend the visa if it's free?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Manifest

Yes it's still relevant, enter via Aqaba, leave from Amman is no problem.

No, it's not possible to extend a free visa.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

9. Re: Visa Manifest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2016, 07:15