We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security

NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Security

Hi everyone,

With the surrounding countries, Iraq, etc. with political unrest, is it safe to go to Jordan in the next few weeks? Would there be a chance they overthrow the Jordanian king, and perhaps leave us stuck in the country?

I won't pretend to be the most well versed in the politics/religious fights, etc. but just want to know if it's safe to visit.

Thank you

Petra
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security

How on earth can we answer a question like that ? :-) I think chances of the king being overthrown and you being stuck here are pretty slim.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security

No chance at all king of Jordan be removed..

nothing will happen as it did in Iraq the shattered country..There is comparison between the two countries

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Petra
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Security

I agree, although I think Raymond means that there is NO comparison between the 2 countries :-)

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Amman
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Security

"I won't pretend to be the most well versed in the politics/religious fights, etc. but just want to know if it's safe to visit."

That's quite an understatement! At least a little research of a search on this forum would give you the answer that Jordan is safe to travel in and Jordanians are very welcoming! It's listed 56 on the World Peace Index, while the US is listed 101 (higher is better).

Henk

Jordan Phototravel

Amman
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Security

OOPS, lower is better :-)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Security

Thanks Patricia I missed the main letters in my post the NO

thanks for that

cheers

Raymond

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Security

Higher chance of you overthrowing him.

Don't go trying to do anything stupid and you'll be fine. Jordan is a great country. As with everywhere, it has it's problems. that said, the government does have a strong grasp on the goings on, and you can be pretty sure that you won't be affected even if there is any political unrest. Protests in Jordan (and the rest of the country... and much of the rest of the world) aren't very uncommon. They do, however, stay contained. The average visitor will never even know that they're happening. You should, however, register with the US Embassy through STEP(as with pretty much anywhere else you visit). They will alert you about any potential concerns, and you can easily avoid them.

8. Re: Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 07:16