We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Car or Taxi

San Jose, California
1 post
Renting a Car or Taxi

We (4 people) plan to be in Jordan from May 8 to May 13 and plan to tour Amman (1 day), drive to Wadi Rum (1 day) next morning at about 9am, to Petra the next day at about noon (2 days in Petra), drive to Dead Sea Jordan (1 day) and finally to Jerusalem via King Hussein Allenby Bridge.

What will be the cost if we take taxi everywhere?

What is the best route if we decide to rent a car and drive from Amman to Wadi Rum and then to Petra,...?

PB

4 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
11,681 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Renting a Car or Taxi

Amman to Wadi rum along desert hwy 4 hours

you can hire a car and self drive most economical way to travel

with 4 people

cos if you to hire a driver you need to take a mini van which is more costly than a sedan car 50% more

you can visit all sites mentioned in your post

cheers

Raymond Amman free walking tour

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,854 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: Renting a Car or Taxi

You can rent a car via Monte Carlo rent a car company, it cost approx 30 JOD per day.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Renting a Car or Taxi

I also had this dilemma and after researching, help from TA mbrs (thank you all!) and the freedom to explore/peace of mind....I went with renting a car with Monte Carlo.

I exchanged a few emails with Monte Carlo and it was very very easy as they respond quite fast.

You'll have 4 people, so splitting the cost will be cheap and I recommend it as well.

Petra
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Renting a Car or Taxi

Andreas,

I understand that you want to warn others about the scams at petrol stations in Jordan but please do not reply to post that are months or even years old, it's messes up the whole forum with the result that people only see the old posts on the first page and that new ones could go unnoticed. Thanks !

Patricia (Petra Bed & Breakfast - Horse Riding Jordan)

Reply to: Renting a Car or Taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted