We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Jordan for December / January

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Jordan for December / January

Hello,

I wouldlike to know what is the weather like in different parts of Jordan in Dec / Jan. Would you recommend visit in October (with about 5-6 days in Jordan) or one in December (with about 9 days)?

If the December weather is not good for some of the places please tell me which ones. I suppose dead sea might be one of them.

Thx

Alex

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Hi - Did you travel to Jordan in December? I was thinking of going this December but wanted to know if you went, if the weather was pleasant. Thanks, Shaun

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Hello Shaun,

No, I didn't. I ended-up going to Morocco in May. However, I will traveling to Egypt an Jordan this December. I hav larned that it can be quite cold and rainy, especially Wadi Rum. I would hate to give Wadi Rum a miss. I think I'd like to find a hotel there instead of a tent.

Let me know if learn something on this matter

Thx

Alex

Sydney
Level Contributor
872 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Hi Spartec

I am thinking of going to Morocco - this is my very first enquiry about the trip - so why did you choose to go in May pls? Are there any hints to give me?

Did you go on an organised small group tour or individually?

Would love to hear from you about anything or everything. Sometimes the little bits of info. are the most interesting and relevant.

Greetings from Sydney, Australia.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Hello Studioworks,

Everyone advises to go to Morocco in Spring, March through May. Or in the Fall. March might be coldish in some of the places I had on my itinerary, and I wanted to go to Agadir to have 3 days in Agadir. I wasn't sure if it would we would have beach weather before that. I was there from May 2nd to the 20th and it was perfect!

The other time you might want to consider is Ramadan time. The atmosphere at night is great, although you'll find less open restaurants during the day. The dates change every year, but this year it's in March

My itinerary was:

- Casablanca 2n (mainly to get over Jet Lag and relax, can be reduced to 1 night

- Rabat - 1n

- Fez - 3n

- Midelt - 1n (to break the road between Fez and Merzouga)

- MErzouga - 1n (in a tent in the desert)

- Tinerghir - 1n (for the Todra Gorge , the best of the two gorges in my opinion. very nice palmeraie too)

- Skoura -2n at Jardin de skoura. AMAZING place for relaxing, Kasbahs,etc. Best hotel experience in Morocco.

- Marrakech - 3n

- Essasouira - 1n (2n would have been ideal)

- Agadir -3n (great way to relax and enjoy beach and sun)

My main objective was to 1) Have a decent pace (I hate to run) and 2) Visit not all but the most important things. The only thing I would have changed is add a night in Essaouira. If I had more time, I might have considered adding Chefchaoun. Or just adding days to my stay in Jardin de Skoura. Could easily spend 4 nights without being bored.

If you want more info feel free to ask me questions. I can also recommend two books: Rough Guides (excellent, although very detailed hence not ideal if you don't have much time) and Frommer's (very good too, although too skim on the desert section in my opinion)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Sorry, this year Ramadam is September. Moves every year to the left by 10 days or so.

Ramadan is the month where Muslims don't eat, drink from sunrise to sunset. So during the day things are in slow motion but after dinner it's very much alive.

Sydney
Level Contributor
872 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

Thanks Spartac

Gives me something to start thinking of. I will take you up on your offer of advice at a later time. So thank you.

Vikki

7. Re: Weather in Jordan for December / January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 02:18