We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Help

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
78 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Help

I will be arriving with my parents on 7 April around 16:15. My plan is to go straight from the airport to our hotel in Petra (Petra Moon Hotel). Spend 8 April in Petra. What is the easiest way to get to Petra at this time?

On 9 April I was thinking about doing an overnight in Wadi Rum, again wondering about the best mode of transportation to get here (will probably use Wild Wadi Rum for guide/overnight).

Then on 10 April, leave Wadi Rum and return to Amman via the Dead Sea (our flight leaves at 1730).

Any advice on transport and itinerary would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Petra
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Help

Since your time in Jordan is so short your only option will be to use taxis. The prices for an airport taxi are listed on a board so you know what the price will be for the 2 -2,5 hour ride to Petra before you get in. Your hotel in Petra can arrange a taxi to Wadi Rum or you can talk to a few taxi drivers near the entrance of Petra. Prices for this 1,5 hour transfer range between 30 and 40 JOD. You host in Wadi Rum can arrange a taxi for you to bring you to the airport the next day, or if you get a good price from the taxi in Petra he will be more than happy to pick you up and take you. Not sure what a transfer Wadi Rum - Dead Sea - Airport costs. Wadi Rum - Airport should be between 90 and 100 JOD for the 4 hour drive. Enjoy your time !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Help

Greetings from AMMAN !!

If you are going to use taxis the price for a transfer from QAIA to Petra will be around 70-90 JD.

And from Wadi Rum to QAIA via Dead Sea will be around 100-120 JD.

The best way to arrange is either contact your hotel or look for recommendations .

If you can drive just rent a car and get a GPS .

Enjoy :)

Mohannad Ali

Arab Tower Hotel

3. Re: Transportation Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 11:06
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Help

The Petra Moon can organise all this for you. Theyy run their own tours to Wadi Rum and I think it is your best option in the circumstances. Send an email and ask what they can offer you.

5. Re: Transportation Help

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:35
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
78 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation Help

Thanks all. I used my contact at Discover Jordan to take care of everything. Was a great 48 hours in Jordan.

7. Re: Transportation Help

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:16