We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, Abu...
2 posts
Save Topic
I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Is it safe to visit Refugee camps in Jordan , can i enter inside those areas . Are there hotels nearby ?

Please tell me the location of those camps. Can i take my car inside ?

Are there any restrictions.

Which is the nearest airport to that place and how far i have to travel in car ?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Most Syrian refugees live in Zatari camp near Al Mafraq town. some 80 kms from Amman

You can travel to Mafraq but not to the camp.

You can take public transport from Almahatta near downtown Amman

There are thousand of Syrians refugees who live in Amman and other cities too.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel.

amman
Level Contributor
180 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

There are over 13 Palestinian camps all across Jordan, 3 of them in Amman, better to go there by taxi not driving into them.

Syrian refugee camp is in the north of Jordan,besides the borders and you'd need clearance to be able to enter there.

Any other question please inbox me.

Regards,

Ahmad A Atwah

Tour Guide

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Hi , there're public transportation to Mafraq city , very close to Zaatari Camp, but will take a lot of time to travel for 80 KM because it's public trans. you're going to spend most of the day , the vehicle will keep stopping many times drop off , pick up and so , there's no schedule, waiting to fill the vehicle, coming the same. the best place to stay Amman hotels, maybe down town hotels reasonable.

Most of the reports, volunteers & Missions are using private transportation from Amman city a full day to the camp and back , may much better to do the same. You mentioned you have a car so you can go there by yours.

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour Guide

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Why can't we enter zaatari camp? Is it not allowed?

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Greetings from Amman !!

Due to security concerns, Not everyone is allowed to enter the camp. If you are a journalist you will need to get an authorization from the ministry. Some drivers know people who work inside the camp, Which they may help you getting inside without an authorization.

Sincerely,

Mohannad Ali

Arab Tower Hotel

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

post # 5 I quote you " some driver know people who work inside camp.

People inside the camp get kick backs to allow unauthorized visitor to enter the camp.

Are you promoting a scam to enter the Zatari camp illegally?

A gang of drivers and insiders to smuggle people inside the camp?

These people should be reported to the security police.

post # 4 you can apply to the ministry of Interior or ministry of Internal Development in order to be able to visit the

Zatari camp LEGALLY .

cheers

Raymond

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Raymond,

I mentioned that because some people cannot get authorization from the ministry because of their job title, And maybe Shabraz won't get one.

Now he knows that there are other ways around it. And it's totally legal if the police themselves allow you to enter.

8. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 11:39
Odense
Level Contributor
386 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

What is going on on this thread? Is it another case of using a poor refugee girl as a prostitute or in a short term marriage (almost the same)???

Lincoln, NE
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I want to visit Refugee camps in Jordan

Hello! I wanna visit the camp but I'm not a journalist. I'm wanting to set up a water cleansing program there. Can you help me find a source at the camp and can we get in?

Please reply