We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amman to Petra - alternative transport

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Amman to Petra - alternative transport

Hello,

I understand the easiest way to get to Petra is by JETT coaches, however since it departs at 6am in the morning, it might be slightly difficult as we have to adjust for jetlag too.

can someone please clarify on the "minibuses" that run from Amman to Petra/Ma'an?

also, what is a service taxi?

or are there other ways to get to Petra?

much appreciated!

thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

Four persons in private taxi cost as much as the coach bus to Petra under 100 jod.Your good hotel in Amman can organise that

mini bus to petra laves throughout the day from Alwehdat garage ,moves when fill up.it takes longer than coach.

cheers

raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

The minibuses are less comfortable but just as fast as the JETT bus. As sfb says, they leave when they are full throughout the day, but more of them in the morning. Just say to a taxi driver in Amman "bus for Petra" and he will take you to the bus station.

A service taxi is a shared taxi, but there are very few of them for Petra, and usually they leave at the end of the afternoon from the same bus station, just alongside the Petra bus stop (on the left hand side of the bus station, half way up the hill).

The bus stops for Ma'an and for Shobuk are immediately beside the Petra bus stop, so if you just miss a bus for Petra you might like to take one of these buses and a taxi afterwards.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 08:20
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

Hi,

There are English speaking drivers for Hyundai H1 minivan cost 90JOD.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Jordan Tours & Travel

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

I took a short flight from Amman to Aqaba. I enjoyed a few days in Aqaba and on one of my days took a cab to Petra for the day. When I booked my flight last year it was only around $65 Canadian. Just another option if you don't want a long bus ride. Enjoy Jordan it is wonderful!

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

from Amman to Petra by taxi 60 jod to the upper limit is 70 jod, if you are interested we are ready to offer the best price for you

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

This is Haroon Nawafleh from Petra , Not david , he is a taxi driver

7. Re: Amman to Petra - alternative transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:19