We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

Tokyo, Japan
10 posts
Save Topic
Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

This may not be the best place to ask this kind of question but does anyone know if it is safe to float in the Dead Sea while you are pregnant - 4-6 weeks? If anyone knows, please help.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

I am not a doctor,,,, but yes it is OK to float,, at 4-6 weeks you are still in the very early stages,,,,,,,,,even at nine months it should be ok....

ciao

A99

NZ
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

mmm. Again - I'm not a Dr however on my travels I found that the floating wasn't a problem - getting into the water involved walking over and floating by quite large salt encrusted areas. I was scratched quite badly (which hurt) . I'm not sure I would want to run the risk of an infection if I was newly pregnant.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

There are some sections in the water that has jagged edges and can cut the foot or at least hurts.As my foot was cut in the past I wear an old sandal to protoect my feet .A good sandal can be ruined from the salt water.

cheers

Tokyo, Japan
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

Thank you all, for your comments. Sorry I wasn't clear enough but what I meant to ask was the effect the Dead Sea water may have. Anyway, thank you for your quick responses!

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

Congratulations!

I hope you and your baby enjoy your float.

It's just sea, like any sea, but it is very salty water, and will not be pleasant if you end up drinking from it.

Enjoy!

Jordan Beauty Tours.

6. Re: Is it ok for a pregnant woman to float in the Dead Sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:18