We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

Bursa, Turkey
1 post
Save Topic
umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

I will be visiting jeddah in next week for business ( 04.10.2013 ) and i would like to also visit mecca and perform umrah during the day My visa is a business visa. and there is a remark on it saying "not valid for hajj" I know , now is the hajj period. Can i still visit mecca for umrah? do you think i will face with any problems ?

Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

The whole of Makkah is locked down a couple of weeks before, after and during Hajj. Only people with Hajj visas and Hajj permits (locals) are allowed in. This is the only time ID is checked stringently. Only people performing Hajj are let in. I'd advise you to avoid the area cos you won't get in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

Hello, do you know when this locked down period finishes. Will the restrictions have eased by the 8th of November?

Oral, Kazakhstan
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

Hi! I'm going to visit Jeddah in the beginning of March by business visa. is it still possible to visit Mekka and Medina by business visa? I am travelling from Kazakhsta, mostly muslim country, male, travelling alone, should I have any additional docs?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

Dear Rafkhat, I have just returned today from Jeddah after spending 1 week on business visit. I have visited both Makkah (for Umrah) and Madinah without any problems at any check post. I traveled Jeddah to Madinah and again return to Jeddah by Saudi airlines and airport visa checking staff were happy with my visa to travel to holy cities so I dont think you will have any problems visiting both holy cities. I have travelled previously on more than one occasion and they have never questioned at check post while entering Makkah regarding my visa status. Only time they will strictly not allow people other than Hajj visa will be few weeks before Hajj so in March 2014 you will be fine to visit holy cities.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

I concur with post #4

Edited: 17 February 2014, 15:43
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

hi

Edited: 21 January 2015, 15:52
Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

i have visit 30 days stay visa i want to go umrah . any problem for my visit visa perfoming umrah?

Level Contributor
130 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

No problem to perform Umrah on visit visa

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

I have visit visa can i perform umrah (embassy stamp probhited to umrah n hajj )غیر مصرح لہ بالعمرت والحج this stamp?

10. Re: umrah visit to Mecca with business visa during haj period ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2016, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Mecca