We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Importing Pets to Bahrain

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Importing Pets to Bahrain

I write this from our personal experience:

Importing pets into Bahrain is relatively easy pertaining you have the proper documentation. WARNING **From the month of May to September, you may not ship (cargo) a pet into Bahrain, the heat in the cargo hold will kill them, therefore the Bahrain Government will not allow any pet shipment into the country***. However, you may accompany your pet in the cabin of the aircraft during these months adhering to the airline policies regarding size and fees. We paid $125 USD for our cat to be on board with us from the United States to Bahrain on United Airlines. Forget going through Europe with another carrier as England has extremely strict regulations on pets even while transiting. Some airlines like AA will not allow pets in cabin if you are planning to transit through Europe. Best option is to bypass Europe and fly on a carrier like United, Qatar or Gulf airways.

Once you get you pet here, you better have friends to stay with. Most hotels do not allow pets, even American brands like Marriott, Ritz or the Crowne Plaza. You might have to downgrade and stay at a 3-4star hotel in order to accommodate your pet. You might find yourself in a situation which could be difficult if you do not have permanent living quarters.

Although Bahrain seems to be a pet friendly city but I believe it just tolerates pets. Definitely not a pet friendly city but its up to you and your new landlord to come to a mutual understanding. Pets are family and until someone in the hospitality industry understands that in Bahrain, one will face many challenges. To me its ironic that we stayed at a Ritz Carlton in Manhattan, NY with our pet with no issues but are having trouble with a mediocre hotel in Bahrain. Hope this helps... Contact me if you have any questions...Safe Journey!!

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Importing Pets to Bahrain

would like to thank Hana for the great job done.

I would like to recommend Hana for anyone who wants to send their pets in/out of Bahrain. There is only person to contact at that’s Hana. I can say that there are various companies which claim that they have high tech faculties and have x years of experience but when it comes to reality they all backed out and were asking me to contact agencies/agents outside Bahrain to arrange for them.

I was referred to Hana by a friend and I feel lucky to know Hana as an Individual.

I had to ship my pet from Bahrain to Madagascar and in spite of the fact that I had to leave the country and my pet became sick she took more than 100% care of my pet with regular visits to doctor and ensuring that my family can get the pet. She arranged everything and was very prompt and professional in her work and very reasonable in comparison to prices what were quoted by other companies.

I can guarantee 100% that if you love your pet and want to ensure that the pet is in safe hands for shipping that it’s Hana you need to contact.

I am sure some people might find it too pushy but I am writing this because it was 2 months that we were away from our pet and had left the hope of having him and Hana always assured us that the pet will be with us and she did it.

Great work Hana, keep it up and god bless you.

You can contact Hana on http://www.hhanahs.com/

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
2. Re: Importing Pets to Bahrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 10:17