We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours or a recommended driver?

Which Manama hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
51 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Tours or a recommended driver?

I am coming to Manama next week and am looking to be out and about for two days seeing what the country has to offer. What is the best way of seeing the place other than me driving? And are there certified day guides and or drivers and if so, can someone recommend me a company?

Many thanks

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
880 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours or a recommended driver?

I am also interested in reading the answer to this question. Our small group is also looking for a driver or a tour company that provides city tours.

Thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours or a recommended driver?

I was in Manama March in 2014 coming with my husband's business trip. I needed to find the polite and trustworthy driver and was lucky enough to find one.

I met him at airport and he offered me a private tour which was really reasonable price. So I decided to take his offer, 2 days tour.

1.st day Cause highway, craft museum, F1 -circuit, beach, oil museum, tree of life, Qalat al Bahrain. It took 6 hours.

2.nd day National museum, great mosque,Shaikh Isa bin Ali House

His car was a new Toyota and cleaned. He knew all tourist place and I was so glad that the driver was great.

His name is Mr.Uday niveduday@gmail.com

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours or a recommended driver?

Thanks a lot Bamsestockholm for your lead. I just made a trip to Bahrain recently. I sent an email to Mr. Uday (full name Udayakumar) at niveduday@gmail.com. He replied to me promptly. He fetched me from the airport on a Thursday night, and I used him for 3 days and 2 nights. He dropped me off at the airport on a Saturday night. He was very polite, friendly and trustworthy. He was very knowledgable of the places to visit. I made the itinerary, and he did the rest of the mix and match. He also took all the photos of my trip, and dutifully emailed and whatsapp'ed them to me. His price was also very reasonable. His contact number is +97333924196.

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
703 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours or a recommended driver?

Tourist and Leisure Attractions:

Birds Kingdom bird sanctuary, Amwaj Islands, 9.30am-5pm. Closed Mondays and Ramadan. Call 16030597.

Sightseeing and city tours in Bahrain, Aradous tours, 8am-8pm. E-mail Aradous.tours@gmail.com or call 36788001 for more information.

Full and half-day sightseeing tours of Bahrain, 8am-8pm, Farhat International Tours and Travels, Manama. Call 36313142, 17216411.

Dolphin watching trips, boat trips, Al Dar Island beach resort, off Sitra coast, 9am-5pm. Call 17704600 or visit www.aldarislands.com .

Wahooo! water park (heated to 30 degrees), Bahrain City Centre Mall, Seef, opens at 11am. Entry BD11 for those over 1.2m tall, BD7 for others, BD4 for children under three. Visit www.wahooo.com .bh or call 17173000 for the weekly schedule.

Ahmed Al Fateh Mosque (Grand Mosque) visit programme, every 30 minutes from 9am-4pm. Visits are put on hold during prayer times. No prior appointments needed unless big groups or special arrangements are required. Call Farahat Al Kindy on 17727773, 39734440 or fax 17729695.

Beit Shaikh Isa (Shaikh Isa House), Muharraq, 8am-2pm. Call 17334945.

Bahrain National Museum, 8am-8pm. Call 17298777.

Al Kurar House for traditional handicrafts, Muharraq, 8am-1pm and 4pm-6pm. Call 17320955 or 17322549.

Al Areen Wildlife Park and Reserve, 9am-4pm. Call 17845444.

Full and half-day tours of Bahrain, 8am onwards. Call 36654246 or 77080111.

5. Re: Tours or a recommended driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2016, 06:15