We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahrain visit for South african

Which Manama hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jeddah, Makkah...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bahrain visit for South african

Good day guys,

I am South African working in KSA, please advize about the visa requirements/process works when wanting to travel to Bahrain. Also, spending 4 days there in end July/August 2014....

Any tips on some nightlife activity as i know the day will be SUPER HOT...booked into the Juffair Grand hotel...any nice things to see and do around that area?

Lastly, the prices...do i need to be concerned about things being to expensive?

London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahrain visit for South african

Contact the Bahraini Embassy in Riyadh - hopeful they will able give advised regarding visa matter and travel.

Here is the web site

http://www.mofa.gov.bh/riyadh/Home.aspx

Bahrain
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahrain visit for South african

Well being a KSA resident, you will get visa on arrival. Nightlife in Bahrain is quite polarized, i mean different days different clubs would be the happening place. Try club 360, sky bar, Club F1, Awtar, Cocoon lounge .. and you'll find many in juffair and exhibition rd. BTW if you want to get lucky .. it wont be very easy.. as clubs are filled with single men.. very few clubs (club 360 and few) are the proper party places. Check out Amwaj Island and Adliya areas for good dining experince.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahrain visit for South african

SA citizens normally pays 10 BD at airport. Your Hotel have the Cocoon Lounge, a bit small but nice, and Wrangler, but if your are not into Urban music, head to Club F1 or 360. There are others like traders Vic if I remember the name correctly and many more.

There is not much to see in Juffair. Mostly hotels or appartments with pools, the clubs, restaurants, and fast food. Hey, they do have Nandos, you know that one? SA chicken. Bahrain is fairly pricey, but the thing that cost is the taxis. Keep your eyes open. Have fun.

Check the dates for Ramadam. I think it ends on 29 July, if so, go in August. Clubs be close during Ramadam.

4. Re: Bahrain visit for South african

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17