We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Planning

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Planning

Hello,

I started to plan my trip to Iran. I'm going in May, and now I need your help in budgeting. Sadly, I found that hotels prices are much more then in my LP's guidebook. Please help me with this questions:

1. How much should be average budget for 14 days? Including living and trasportation cost.

2. What is exchange rate now for USD?

3. Is it possible to change money at the airport? I'm arriving late night.

4. How much does taxi/pick up service cost from the airport?

Thanks advance

Persepolis
Ancient Ruins, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Naqshe Jahan Square(Shah Square)
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Isfahan Music Museum
Art Museums, Speciality Museums
Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Planning

You can change money at airport at late night ,but the rate is lower than exchange offices .

Samand taxi from costs 300000 Rials .

offcial exchange rate is 1$ = 12400Rial but you can change at a better price in the city .

2. Re: Budget Planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2012, 20:35
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Planning

Hi tjioshvili,

Do NOT rely on LP prices. They were not adequate even when I travelled couple of years ago, and since then prices have increased in Iran, as far as I know.

Yet it is still possible to find accommodation for a tight budget in Iran except in Tehran. Don’t go too cheap in Tehran, or the place will most probably be just terrible. Better budget slightly more for Tehran then make it up booking cheaper elsewhere in Iran. Look at traditional hotels, they are relatively inexpensive.

As april5p said, it’s no problem to exchange money in the airport even late at night, but DO make sure you count them properly! You’ll get a huge pile of local money, so take your time to get accustomed to them and count carefully.

To calculate your transportation costs, we need to know your itinerary and what exactly transport you are going to take. Goes without saying flights and private drivers will be most expensive, so stick to buses. By choosing overnight buses to travel between the large cities you can also save on accommodation cost.

Edited: 17 April 2012, 09:14
Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Planning

Iran is becoming a good destination for the budget travelers as the $ rates increased.

A guesthouse costs about $10. And a room in an economy/middle class hotel is about $20-40.

Fast foods are $2-8. Food in an average restaurant is $3-8 per meal.

Intercity buses $5-12.

Try to exchange a few dollars at the IKA airport and do the rest at the forext offices at every corner of the city.

ask@uppersia.com

Edited: 17 April 2012, 11:27
5. Re: Budget Planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:15