We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current situation in Iran?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Current situation in Iran?

I've been asked to goto my best friends wedding in Tehran next week. Would likely be there for two weeks. Don't mind the heat but what about the political heat at the moment, does it seem unstable?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current situation in Iran?

oh, may I also add I'm travelling from the uk...

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current situation in Iran?

Yes Its ok . there is no problem but if you are going to come you have get your visa faster as it may take long to get it

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current situation in Iran?

The political situation is normal as always specially for the tourists so you will face no problem as long as stick to the general travel guidelines.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current situation in Iran?

...but what are the general travel guidelines that you refer to ask_uppersia?

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current situation in Iran?

Like not to go out of the beaten track for example.

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current situation in Iran?

Hi, the general guidelines of respecting the rules of each country. In the case of Iran, yes you should discuss with the people who know about where to go and what to visit.

Take care not to take photos of the sensitive areas such as the airports, military areas.

Don't take part in the demonstrations if there is any.

Pay attention to the dress code.

In general, Iran is an easy country and you will surely feel safe and happy, don't worry.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current situation in Iran?

there are many problems for foreign travelers regarding to money !

as the situation for foreign currency is not stable in the country,u may have some problems in filling arrival forms about your money that you are holding and wants to take back with you to your country.

i suggest u it's better not to bring much money with yourself

cheers

8. Re: Current situation in Iran?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2012, 10:09
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current situation in Iran?

Post #8 is a spam and has been reported as such.

10. Re: Current situation in Iran?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:16