We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

We are planning a 27 days budget tour around the country. It would help me a lot if the experts could comment on my (rough) itinerary: Is it ok to proceed with the planning or is it too much for the time we have. If there is anything I should leave out or places I should put in, please let me know.

Day 1: Arrival Tehran

Day 2: Tehran – evening flight to Ahvaz

Day 3: Ahvaz: Excursion to Susa and Shustar

Day 4: Bus to Shiraz

Day 5: sightseeing Shiraz

Day 6: day tour to Persepolis, Pasargadae

Day 7: Bus to Kerman

Day 8: Kerman

Day 9: Bus to Yazd

Day 10:Yazd

Day 11: Bus to Isfahan

Day 12: Isfahan

Day 13: Morning bus to Kashan

Day 14: Bus to Isfahan

Day 15: Bus to Kermanshah

Day 16 Excursion to Kangavar and Bistun

Day 17: Bus to Hamadan

Day 18: Bus to Tabriz

Day 19: Tabriz

Day 20: Exursion to Kandovan

Day 21: Bus to Rasht

Day 22: Rasht

Day 23: excursion to Masouleh

Day 24: Bus to Tehran

Day 25: Tehran

Day 26: Tehran

Day 27 Tehran – Germany

I welcome any recommendations, comments and further proposals.

Thank you.

Uppersia
Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Visit Kalouts
Day Trips, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Tours of Alamut Valley and Castles of the Assassins
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Iran's Travel
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

It is better to stay 2 days in isfahan instead going to kashan and come back to Isfahan again .

You need to change something about kermanshah sightseeing . In some places it makes sense to rent a car .

Take a car from kermanshah to hamedan . On way you can see Bistun and kangavar . You save one day . And you will also have time to see hamedan or see alisadr cave .

Edited: 11 January 2014, 14:28
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

Let me start from the begging,

- Ahvaz : Unfortunately, I've never been there. But recently this city is experiencing severe air pollution because of tiny sands coming from Iraq deserts. I am not sure whether Susa and Shustar are really worth it. Make sure you do a good research about this city.

- Shiraz , Kerman and Yazd : are perfect. no more no less.

- Isfahan : As april5p said above, you dont need to spend one night in Kashan.

Take morning bus to Kashan and come back to Isfahan at night. Isfahan takes three days.

- Kermanshah and Hamedan : You can do the same. I think you can handle Kermanshah (the city itself) in 14 hours. Stay in Hamedan. It is only 2-hour drive from Hamedan to Kermanshan and you can stop by Kangavar.

- Tabriz : This part of your plan sounds fine. Kandovan is awesome, dont miss it.

- Rasht : Rasht takes only coupe of hours to explore. Instead of Rasht, try to find a place in Masouleh (which is less than one hour drive from Rasht) and stay there for a night. It is a really interesting village. You can also have a short hike in the mountains if you like.

Try to take overnight buses so you will make the most of your daytime. For bus lines, "Royal Safar" is the best, or you can ask for any bus line with VIP services (Buses which have three seats in each row). They are very comfortable to sleep over nights.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 06:15
Tehran
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

Hi,

You should already have done this trip. If not, please let me know to give you professional advise. I was tour guide for last few years and like to help people to visit mein Land (my country) and see as much as they can (according to their preferences and flexibility) and as cheap as possible.

Wish you a nice time,

Shahab

4. Re: Itinerary for 27 days budget tour in early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16