We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40-day trip to Iran

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
40-day trip to Iran

Hello, I'm planning to stay in Iran from 23rd May till 1st June though I'm pretty worried about money as no credit or debit cards are accepted. I'm not a spendthrift by nature, I'm going to stay in cheap hotels ($20-30 a day) and use public transport (trains and buses), private cabs only if encessary and a couple of guides or tours in Persepolis and such places as Bavanat. Could anyone pls suggest me how much money (euros or dollars) should I bring along? Thank you very much.

1. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 20:05
2. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

3. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Well, it's a bit hard to guess the exact price for your whole trip, some times unexpected expenses happen.

but the approximate rate might be 3000 $ more or less.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Wow that's a lot of money, but i have taken it into consideration.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Tu sai xkè hanno rimosso i nostri post?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Because they weren't in english i think

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

How much money you will spend depends on your sendings . I think you should put 50 dollar for each day to not stay without money .

You might spend less then that but it is better to bring more than to stay without money.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

Sure, considering that there is no way to have money sent from abroad. Plus, 40 days may seem a long time but Iran is a large country indeed. Wanted to ask about availabity of wifi and the weather in May in different areas: Tehran, Esfahan, Shiraz, Yazd, Kerman and Tabriz and south of Tabriz.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 40-day trip to Iran

I also want to do some homestay in Tehran :-) I'm really excited!!!! Hope someone replies to me through homestay.com