We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Lebanon

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Lebanon

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any direct flights between Tehran and Beirut? I have checked a few online booking sights but have only found connecting flights. I didn't know if perhaps Iran Air flew this route and if it could be booked by a travel agent in Iran?

Thanks

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Lebanon

Yes there are flights between Tehran and Beirut . But you can't book online so I try to contact a travel agency in Iran .

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Lebanon

Hi David,

Yes, you can find a few direct flights a week on Iran Air web-site http://www.iranair.com/Portal/Home/ and confirmed as operated by RHIA web-site www.beirutairport.gov.lb/_flight.php…

But as april5p said, booking it in advance requires a local agent. Or you can do it yourself upon arrival to Iran.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Lebanon

thanks for both of your replies that is exactly what I was after appreciate it

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Lebanon

Hope you enjoy your trip :)

I also noticed your question in Lebanon forum - are you sure you need a guide there? Say, I merely hired a driver and drove throughout the entire area. Needed (and asked for) no UN autorisations that the regular on that board keep on talking about. Been to Saida, Sour, Qana, Nabatieh, Arnoun and Beaufort Castle, Tebnine and many other places I wanted to see (more than TA allows to pin).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Lebanon

thanks that is good to know do you think it is safe to go to those areas as a solo traveller?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Lebanon

David, let's face it - Lebanon in general is too unpredictable in terms of safety. Unlike Iran - which is totally safe to visit!

I was quite fine as a solo female traveller - and I drove throughout the entire country, from Baalbek and Tripoli down to the south as described above (spent there almost two weeks). But I wouldn't take the responsibility of assuring the others they will be safe, too. It's a decision everyone makes for themselves. And while there, better listen to the news or have a local driver to do that for you and amend your plans accordingly.

But I personally would have returned there in a breath - fell in love with the diverse beauty of this small country and its food. Be warned that Lebanese people can be different, and many are easy to rip travellers off - again, very much unlike Iran, where people are the biggest treasure and the nicest travel experience. So stay smart.

Also, you will see a big difference in terms of cost when travelling around Iran and Lebanon. The latter gets fewer tourists these days, even from the ME region (who normally go there to have fun that they can't back home), but the prices surprisingly never go down and the service in general leaves a lot to wish for. Iran is much more budget-friendly.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 11:48
7. Re: Flights to Lebanon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16