We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

studying in tehran

Lahore, Punjab...
2 posts
Save Topic
studying in tehran

hello everybody!!!!!

i am a pakistani just completing my cambridge examinations from my country.i have decided to get my higher education from tehran university along with another frind of mine....so i need any info on housing, Living, meeting locals, restaurants, standard of education......

secondly i want to knw whether the education is in persian or english....currently i have started to lean basic farsi online and reached the tehran university persian language site(DEkhoda)

thirdly i want to knw abt the expenses ill have to bear monthly/annualy exluding my tution fee

i have visited iran before 5 years ago with my family to visit some shrines....

so all i want brothers and sisters is your sincere advice so i can enjoy my stay in iran for future ill be really thankfull to you all!!!!

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: studying in tehran

You need to try to live in dorm as renting house in Tehran is expensive.

You need minimum 200 to 300 dollars monthly excluding housing and tuition fee for university .

Tehran, Iran
Destination Expert
for Tehran
Level Contributor
423 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: studying in tehran

Hi Syed,

Lets start from information you need about living. Tehran university has some dormitories to propose to students. Quality of dormitories are diferent and cost is generally low, I recommend you to ask about that from university at the beginning.However you might prefer renting an apartment in the city therefore I should admit that Tehran is expensive regarding accomodation comparing to all of other cities of Iran.

There are lots of information about Tehran in this forum and if you need any especial information kindly ask here.

Basically the language in Iran universities is Persian. In some espesial cases in some universities English language is used but it rarely happenes.Standard ofeducation depends on university that you want to study in and definitely on course that you study. Generally speaking I can say that they are good in content but needs to improve in practice. again as a general look they are competent in Bachelore, good in Master and needs improvement in PHD.

Good Luck

Lahore, Punjab...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: studying in tehran

What about tehran unis kish campus does it offer course in english?

4. Re: studying in tehran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 10:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now