We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

I have several co-workers who will be traveling to Iraq in the upcomming weeks. I have heard mixed information stating that all foreign nationals traveling to Iraq must show negative HIV test results that must be notarized, authenticated by the state department and then sent to the Iraqi embassy for legalization. I have also heard that it is possible to have this done once they have arrived in the country. Can anyone provide any insight in to this? Will they be denied entry if they do not have this completed?

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

Yes, that is true only for applying for residency statues, but not as a tourist. Most people will get it done locally, since it is easier and the Iraqi government trusts their own doctors and testing stations over American ones. This is typical is all Arab countries. Of course there are always ways around this, and can apply of a tourist residency, were HIV testing is not required in some cases. Once in Iraq its easier to get the VISA without HIV testing.

Edited: 05 December 2012, 20:53
hanoi
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

yeah. it's true. i think you can applied as a tourist for a visa. it maybe easier and odes not require any visa

Montoursville...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

You must have a current HIV test (within 30 days of travel) that has been notarized and authenticated by the U.S. Department of State, and then sent to the Iraqi consulate in Washington DC before travel. Just got done doing this for the second time.

Denver, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

Where did you go to get a notarized test? How did you get it certified by the US State Dept?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

I have been into Baghdad several times in the past with a work visa & never was required to present an HIV test. I was only tested by local doctors to secure a residency/ multi entry visa.

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

As above for me - a test required every three months, administered in Iraq. Never required to be notorised etc. You have to have this to obtain your exit visa; no blood test no exit visa, no exit visa, no going home as a bunch of foreign workers recently found out the hard way while they spend days in a Basra jail.

Islamabad, Pakistan
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

Can anyone inform about the blood sample collecttion on arrival at Baghdad international airport ? what tests are needed (HIV, Hepatitis-C, Hepatitis-B etc). I mean for work visa/work permit.

Newcastle, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

Is it just HIV the test is for ?

9. Re: HIV requirements to enter Iraq???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2016, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Baghdad