We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Validity before applying Shengen Visa

Which Kuwait hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salmiyah, Kuwait
1 post
Save Topic
Residence Validity before applying Shengen Visa

Hi can you please tell me whats the Minimum validity for residence while applying for Shengen Visa. Will it be a cause of rejection if my residence id Valid only for 2 months and 10 days from the date of departure from Shengen area. We are travelling on 15th May from Kuwait to Kenya and from Kenya to Paris on 1st June. So it is not possible to renew our Visa now because as per Kuwait rules the Visa can only be renewed only 3 months before. My Visa is expiring on 25th August. We are returning to Kuwait on 15th June.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Validity before applying Shengen Visa

for Shengen visa they need minimum 3 months residence visa validity from the day of leaving the shengen area (call and ask the embassy). i think you can renew your iqama from now... some friends of mine renewed it about 5 months before finished.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Validity before applying Shengen Visa

Think Kuwait Visa can be renewed up to 6 months in advance. Some of the Schengen countries (e.g. Swiss) could be a bit lenient so long as they are satisfied with your Bank statements or Salary Certificates, hotel bookings etc.; but better to have the GCC visa renewed to be sure. Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months too.

3. Re: Residence Validity before applying Shengen Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:15