We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport

We may have to move to Kuwait for work.

I hate driving: what is public transport like in areas where expats live? How are taxis priced in euros or pounds? I mean, do people use them on a daily basis? We would have a well paid job, housing included.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

I have family living in Kuwait and have visited there.I doubt if you could live there just using public transport it is very limited and not that good (not that I have tried it just going by what I heard when I was there).Everyone has cars ,big cars usually SUV's and they are required transport just to live in the city.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

Oh, dear! It does not sound promising ... work would be in Al Mansouriya.

Edited: 21 January 2011, 10:57
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

The traffic is pretty manic there but I think someone living there might better explain your options that myself who is 2000 miles away.

might be worth googling for an expats site to see if you can get more info.This is more a travel/ tourist site rather than a relocation info site.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

Yes, you are right. Thank you for your reply nevertheless!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport

Cabs are cost about 2kd to 3kd, depending on where you are going from and to where. If you are able to bargin, you can get the price to drop. Public transport is there, 3 bus companies are running in Kuwait. There is no timetable a such for them but they all run almost similar routes. They cost abt 200fils per trip. (150fils if your closer to Kuwait City). Your best bet is to use cabs or if your moving over with your family, hire a car from some of the hire companies. Fuel is cheap! cost abt 60fils per litre for the premium fuel level (lowest cost) so its hardly an issue here.

S.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport

and Yes, there is traffic. But it depends on what time your travelling and which direction your going!

Most times its smooth...jst peak hours before work and after work...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport

Thanks a lot!

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
717 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport

Getting around town is no problems with taxis, many of my friends choose not to drive, a cab will be as mentioned 2-3kd about 6-8 dollars for anywhere in the city. If you get a favourite cab driver you will maybe get a good discount

You would not ever want to go on the public buses here ;-)

9. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Kuwait City
Recent Conversations