We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

qatar
Level Contributor
175 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

Dear travellers.

I am visiting Beirut 31 Dec - 2 Jan....

Can anyone provide information on local travel agent which can arrange day trip from Beirut to Tyre or Byblos or Baalbak...?

Is it possible to go to those places by myself without joining a tour?

any suggestion...

Mentioned in this post
Beirut
Beirut
Lebanon
Tyre
Tyre
128 Reviews
Sur, Lebanon
Byblos
Byblos
Mount Lebanon Governorate, Lebanon
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
774 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

Hi Joeljalan,

You can go to these places by yourself without joining a toir group. You can get a txi or car with driver to tke you to any of the places mentioned, though I would suggest Baalbek because it is very imposing. Byblos and Tyre ar unfortunatly in the opposit dierections and not possible to do together. The archeological sites at Tyre are alos impressive, especially the reuins of the Roman Hippodrome, which i think are the best preserved in the world.

Have a great time in Lebanon!

Mentioned in this post
Byblos
Byblos
Mount Lebanon Governorate, Lebanon
Tyre
Tyre
128 Reviews
Sur, Lebanon
Lebanon
Lebanon
Middle East
qatar
Level Contributor
175 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

Dear Sheik of Arab,

Thanks for the info!

Do you know about how much the price to charter the taxi for one day trip?

London, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

Hi I agree with the post above about not needing a tour. Don't know how much it'll cost from your hotel in Beirut but it may give you some idea to know that we paid 200 USD from Damascus for the roundtrip. The driver dropped us off at the roman remains and we agreed on the time to meet us up- 3 or 4 hours later I can't remember. We also had time to get and get lunch nearby

Mentioned in this post
Beirut
Beirut
Lebanon
4. Re: Local tour for daytrip from Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 13:18