We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebanon beyond Beirut

london
Level Contributor
66 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Lebanon beyond Beirut

I know that Lebanon extends beyond Beirut, but can't decide where to go. I'm planning a 6 day trip with the last 4 days in beirut. I might take a bus tour for excursions outside Beirut. However, I can't decide the first two days. I want to make to memorable (for my wife) and off the beaten track. Not sure if mountains are good, but would prefer the sea view (we're not into beach bathing (a pleasureable walk not crowded would be good), partying etc...

So first 2 days on either Tyre side, or Tripoli side of lebanon, but not sure. Any ideas on city with nice views and perhaps not more than 150$/ night on hotel?

Kalamazoo
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

Tons of ideas! You have to see Baalbek (in the Beqaa vlley), non negotiable. And if history and ruins are your sort of thing you should also head south to Tyre and see the Roman Hippodrome in the Al-Bass site. If your feeling adventurous get hire a cab and go to Beaufort, my personal favorite thing here. This is a link to my blog, plenty of pictures, I hope it helps!

http://beirutmabitmoot.wordpress.com/

london
Level Contributor
66 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

I'm thinking of spending the first two days in the south, and 4 days in Beirut, maybe make a day trip to Baalbek and another to Tripoli and final 2 days to explore Beirut. Does this sound practical?

Also, how is the driving and Parking situation. I've heard to avoid it, but then again, it may be exceptionally hard to explore Tyre and Baalbek without. Not sure what to do about transport. Of course, taxing a taxi is an option, but going distant cities it might be more expensive. Any tips?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
41 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

Check out tours with Nakhal or Wild Discoveries, they will take you everywhere with no headach

4. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 06:05
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

Public parking lots are available around the city and either charge a set fee or by the hour at rates that typically range from 2,000 LBP to 5,000 LBP. Another option, is to take advantage of valet services available at almost every bar and restaurant in the city, which usually cost around 5,000 LBP or 7,0000 LBP if you're parking at a hotel.

beirut lebanon
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

You can find all about Lebanon in this website:www.lebanonEguide.com

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

I think rent a car in Lebanon is really the best choice. Parking is not big deal. Just in center of Beirut near Soliko, you can not find parking place, but no in other place. We didn't had any problem with renting the car. It was so chip and acceptable for more than 600km transfer in all over the Lebanon in one week. We rented one KIA for 30$ per day.

We first ask the rate of one taxi for Baalbek, he said " Just 200$ for two way!"

london
Level Contributor
66 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

THanks for the replies. I've made my plan. I'll stay fir two days in tyre and 4 days in Beirut + rent a car for 6 days and do all the day trips and making sure I don't miss out Baalbek and Tripoli and Jeita.

I have a driving questions I'll raise a new thread for.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

To find an independent tour or a local guide in Amman or Beirut please visit www.toursbylocals.com

Thank you

10. Re: Lebanon beyond Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:15