We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Rather than arrange a driver before I arrived, I decided to test drive a couple of cabbies to find someone cheery and pleasant enough to spend chunks of time with during my short stay. I knew we'd be covering a fair chunk of the country and, as I was travelling alone, didn't want to be saddled with someone difficult or morose.

Good decision! I found Moussa Moussa on day 2 and we settled on a fee plus fuel for 6 days driving. I knew in advance what I wanted to do - however he was also open to changes in the plan.

So if you want a cheerful, honest, competent driver with reasonable English (and fluent French he tells me) then you can connect with him before you go and arrange for him to collect you at the airport; drive you wherever and whenever; and drop you back at the airport and wave you off. He will even teach you some Arabic along the way! It really was like having a friend in Lebanon.

His details are Moussa Moussa

moussa1987@hotmail.com

00961 70626886

I wanted to include a photo of Moussa and his car, but can't seem to do that on this site. Please reply if you would like more information and I'll do my best to send a photo. I must be quite clear that I am a genuine Australian tourist and not connected in any way with Moussa or any tourist service in Lebanon (or in Australia for that matter). I just use Trip Advisor a lot in my planning and am always grateful for the help I receive. This (along with the half dozen reviews I have just submitted) is my way of contributing to a great resource.

Jane

australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Stop press. It may be Moussa with one s. I'll confirm when I have it right. Sorry!

2. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 06:05
Dubai
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Hi there - can I ask what sort of price Mousa charged per day? I am currently looking for a driver.

Many thanks!

4. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2012, 17:35
Dubai
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Great, thanks for the info Jane! If I do connect with him, I'll pass on your details! Thanks again.

australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

I'd love to know why my post was declared inappropriate and removed?

J

Dubai
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

How bizarre Jane. No idea why as your info was honest and clear, not like some other posts that are completely self promoting!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Hi. I will be in Lebanon in a few weeks and was considering hiring a driver for 5 days. Is it possible to get an estimate of a rate per day?

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

About $100 US per day plus fuel. Last time I gave more information I got deleted so I'll just stick with this.

J

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lebanon with a driver - a recommendation

Thanks very much J - it gives me an idea of budget - helpful when planning a trip.

Get answers to your questions about Lebanon
Recent Conversations