We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Beirut in September

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel to Beirut in September

Hi I'm thinking of going to Beirut next month for a week or so, my family have an apartament there in Achrafieh but I will be travelling with friends... is it safe?

Thanks

AK

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

Hi,

Beirut is a safe city. Achrafieh is one of the safest neighborhoods in Beirut.

Neighborhoods such as Bab el Tebaneh and Jabal Mohsen in Tripoli are considered not safe.

Visiting villages bordering Syria or hiking in mountainous regions bordering Syria is considered not safe.

Other regions in Lebanon including south of the Litani River are considered safe.

Thanks

2. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 May 2013, 18:05
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

Thanks Gaby, do you know if the situation is Ok in Beirut with regards to what is happening in Syria?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

Yes, the security situation is OK in Beirut despite what is happenin in Syria.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

Hi Amy K. I understand your concerns. I'm booked to go to Lebanon in October so I'm keeping a close eye on the situation there.

For me, the best way to get a good idea of the situation is to check Lebanon's English language newspaper - www.dailystar.com.lb/

And to check me the Foreign Office's travel advice - fco.gov.uk/en/…lebanon

Situations can change very suddenly in Lebanon and in a matter of days the situation could change from safe to unsafe, so just keen an eye on things in the days before you go.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

While some people in Tyre, Sidon, Beirut, Byblos and Batroun are sunbathing on golden sandy beach under scorching heat and 33 degree centigrade temperature, other in some regions of Tripoli are simply fighting.

Read article on Tripoli by Barbara Plett on the following web page

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19340754

Thanks

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

A car free, all pedestrian day, which is scheduled to take place in Achrafieh in its first edition on September 2, 2012.

More information is available at

www.achrafieh2020.org

Cheers

8. Re: Travel to Beirut in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18