We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

I am looking to book a 6am Wednesday morning flight out of Beirut. I'll be staying in Geitawi, and will need a taxi to the airport.

Will it be possible to get a taxi at this time of the morning?

I'll be staying in a hostel, so there might not be anyone at the reception to help if, for example, a pre-arranged taxi pickup fails to show.

What would be your strategy?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

Hi Alex,

Once asked, Hostel Beirut send a taxi to the airport to bring their guests any time of the day.

The reception may be closed very early in the morning, email or call the manager of the hostel Mr. Pascal Tristant and tell him that you need a taxi from the airport to the hostel at a specific time, if you arrive very early in the morning he may wait for you.

Best regards

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

A bit of misunderstanding - I arrive in Beirut at mid-day, so that is fine.

I am planning to fly onwards from Beirut to Istanbul at 6am on a Wednesday, and will need to get from the hostel to the airport at that time. Is it easy to get a taxi from the hostel to the airport at 3am or 4am?

Cheers

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

It is difficult to find in Geitawi at this time of the day a taxi to take you to the airport, the manager of the hostel will call a taxi for you to take you to the airport, he is used to do this

Edited: 30 August 2014, 01:41
4. Re: Taxi in early hours of the morning (3 or 4am)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:17