We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivers license Oman

Bergen op Zoom, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drivers license Oman

I am a dutch citizen. Is it necessary for me to get a international drivers license. Or can I drive a car in Oman with a European drivers license. I am leaving for Sur Oman within a week and I rented a car for 13 days.

greetings from Holland.

Ankie & peter

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivers license Oman

The car rental company can answer that.

Belgium
Level Contributor
37 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivers license Oman

Hi Ankie,

If your European licence is in English or has English explanation then you don't need an international driving license for Oman.

However if you take the car to the UAE you will need your national AND an international license (this is new since 2008 and they're very strict).

The car rental company will ask for your credit card (as guarantee) so you that you need to take !

Have fun & enjoy (veel plezier)

Belgium
Level Contributor
37 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivers license Oman

oeps forgot something:

I usually take my international license because 'in the unlikely event that' you are asked to leave your papers with the police or whoever you still have your national license at home ;)

4. Re: Drivers license Oman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 04:18