We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salalah Beach Resort,new development-what news?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
370 reviews
Save Topic
Salalah Beach Resort,new development-what news?

A UK travel supplement mentioned a development of " five 5* hotels being built 15 minutes from Salalah airport, the first to be opened later this year"

Can someone advise details of this project (greasy?) especially the location in relation to Crowne Plaza and Hilton hotels?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salalah Beach Resort,new development-what news?

Of course. I'm incredibly excited about it. The location is up towards Mirbat (where the Marriott is), but only 15-20 minutes from Salalah proper. This means it would be 10-15 minutes from the Crowne Plaza and 20-25 from the Hilton. I have heard vague rumors of a Club Med being set up (not sure how I feel about that one). I am personally looking forward to the development of the Movenpick. I have also heard that the complex may include several smaller/more affordable hotels.

It will disrupt the current 5* situation greatly. As I mentioned in the hotel thread I posted (and as you know) neither of the 5* hotels IN Salalah should be 5*. This new resort will hopefully bump them down or force them to step their game up.

I would assume that the Rotana will be completed first. It is hard to find solid information though. As I said, I am very interested in this project. I am leaving Salalah for a vacation tomorrow, but when I get back I will try to look into it further.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salalah Beach Resort,new development-what news?

Thanks greasy.

Enjoy your break. I look forward to further info in the future.

SS

3. Re: Salalah Beach Resort,new development-what news?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 11:28