We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in Muscat

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
Budget accommodation in Muscat

Hi forum,

I have been searching for recent info but couldn't really get anywhere.

I'm looking for a budget guest house/hostel in Muscat. Budged is around 15 to 20 US$. If anyone has a hint that would be much appreciated!

It's quite urgent as I'm flying in two days time, spontaneous trip :-)...

Cheers

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation in Muscat

Naseem, in Muttrah, is one of the most frequently talked about. When I stayed there (5 years ago), it was comparable to budget hotels/hostels in Cairo.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1940575-d81406…

If you do not want to be down in Muttrah and would prefer to be in the newer areas of Muscat, have you considered couch surfing?

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation in Muscat

Hi greasy,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm not sure about the length of my stay so haven't really thought about couchsurfing, esp. as it's so short term. The Naseem is a great tip, it didn't show up in my search for greater Muscat before. They're fully booked though.

I called them on +968 24 712418 and the single room is usually 16.50 OR in case anyone is interested.

Any other suggestions are highly welcome!

JP
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accommodation in Muscat

Hi, as you knew already, Naseem is now 15RO plux tax and not bottom line anymore.

But they're clear and the location is convenient, you can walk upto Muttrah Souq and even you can catch taxi (Shared) or mini bus which will take you to other place.

In that area, now the cheapest is, I believe, Al Fanar Hotel, which is the last one from Fish Roundabout.

But whether you can get clean room or not depends on your luck...

I thought their last price is about 8RO, so nearly your budget.

And I don't think you can get cheaper than this... Good luck.

4. Re: Budget accommodation in Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16