We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily budget for Oman?

ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Daily budget for Oman?

Hello ,

I'm looking into visiting Oman in early December for about two weeks,I'm wondering is it an expensive country for tourists to visit?Would 100/150 euro per day be adequate or unrealistic,,would like to spend time in Muscat and do some hiking/spend time out in the countryside,Thanks for any advice and information,

John

Wadi Shab Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, City Tours, Eco Tours
Tours Oman Private Day tours
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Oman Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Bediyah Safari Tours
Mountains, Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,156 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily budget for Oman?

150 euro a day might just pay for a decent hotel. Oman is an expensive country-just look at hotel reviews and their prices and threads on food and drink.

It is not a country for budget travelling.

ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily budget for Oman?

Thanks for the advice!

I was planning to visit it after visiting Ethiopia before heading home ,,I'm going to have to do a rethink or just spend a week there,,,Thanks again,

John

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily budget for Oman?

It is very possible to live cheaply in Oman. The issue is simply accommodation... that is where it starts to get expensive. Budget travel is also made a bit more challenging due to the absence of public transportation. Other than this, expenses are relatively minimal.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,519 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily budget for Oman?

If you are prepared to camp it will make your trip a lot cheaper. I've wild camped in Oman with no problems, it's very enjoyable. You will need a car for this but then you'd need a car to get out in the countryside and up in the mountains.

Are you also hiking in Ethiopia? The Simien Mountains are simply amazing.

5. Re: Daily budget for Oman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 07:18