We will be in Oman next April, and my husband is realy keen to try our luck with turtle watching - but I have some concerns and would be glad to get any information you can give me. I have read the reviews of various "turtle watching" hotels but they don't really tell me what I need to know.....
We like the sound of Ras Al Jinz - but I have arthritis in my knees and am concerned about the 15-20 minutes walk to the beach in sand.
- How much of the walk is in soft sand?
- Is it a flat walk, or up and down hills and slopes?
- Must we keep up with the guide or will it be ok for me to lag behind? (I cannot walk very fast)
- is there anywhere to sit down once we get to the beach, other than on the sand? Any seats, or even nearby rocks to sit on? (I would struggle to get up from sitting on the sand)
- how long are you usually at the beach for? Especially important for me, if there is nowhere to sit.
If we stay at one of the hotels at Sur or the Ras Al Hadd area and book for turtle-watching, do you get taken to Ras Al Jinz, or to different beach(es)? I am wondering if there would be an easier walk at another beach?
Thanks for any help, information or tips you can give me!!!!