We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Hello,

I am an Israeli citizen with an Israeli passport only, who is interested in visiting Oman for a week for sightseeing and tourism.

Am i allowed to enter Oman? May i apply for an e-visa?

thank's

Ori

1. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 18:35
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Hi,

thank's for your answer. are you 100% sure about it? because i cannot visit Qatar, UAE and Bahrain.

also, can u attach a link to OMAN DAY TOURS? i was thinking of spending a few days in Oman just backpacking, without an organized tour

thank's

Ori

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,870 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Do not believe a self promoter

In the sticky at the top of this forum, which includes a link to the Oman web site which lists visitors from countries that can get a VOA , (list 1) and (list 2) for those who have to apply before arriving.

ISRAEL IS NOT ON EITHER LIST

I would get the true facts from the Oman authorities before travelling-you may be fine,who knows,but please give us your feed back.

SS

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Hi Ori,

Unfortunately information is very conflicting. Everything I have believed until now was that holders of Israeli passports were not allowed in Oman. All Israelis that I know who have visited Oman did so with second passports.

I am now doubting this information a bit though, as the sources that declare this prohibition also state that holders of other passports with Israeli stamps in them will be denied entry (which I know to be false). There are other sources which indicate that there are no such restrictions.

The take-home point for me is that Oman REALLY needs to improve its official web presence and information. I don't think that you will be able to find anything definite, and information from individuals will likely be purely anecdotal. Your best bet will be to try to get in touch with an Omani consulate.

Until a few years ago, there were official diplomatic relations (mostly pertaining to trade) between the two countries. As of now, though, I believe everything is closed. I did hear of an Israeli motion to expand dialogue with GCC countries though. This could be a good avenue for you to begin on to get a potential visit figured out.

I'm sorry I can't help beyond this. What I can say, though, is that I hope you are able to visit Oman. It is a wonderful country that I am sure would host you well. Perhaps someone else will chime in here with better information. Otherwise I will try to see if I can find something more, and I would also ask that you keep us updated about the quest.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Hello,

thank's a lot for the answers.

Unfortunately, seems like Israeli passport holders cannot visit Oman.

If you get any relaible source that claims differently, i'll be more than happy to hear of that.

cheers,

Ori

London, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Why not email someone in this organisation http://www.medrc.org ?

The Israelis might tell you how they get in to Oman.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

can u tell me in a few words what is this site and what's the connection of Israelis to it?

:-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

MEDRC is a Center of Excellence in Desalination and Water Reuse Technology established in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, December 1996.

You can check which countries are on the Executive Council

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

thank's :-)

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visit Oman with an Israeli passport?

Hi

I just tried to apply online for a visa at the Royal Oman Police site and they do have Israel as both a nationality and a place of issue of passports. I suggest that you try to apply for a visa online and see how it goes.

rop.gov.om/visa/…