We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

Sf Bay Area
Level Contributor
115 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Oman for later this year, and intended to rent a car from Arabia Cars ( http://www.arabiacars-oman.com ). However, their website seems to be somewhat broken. All attempts to use the 'Book Online' functionality never returns any results, the 'Online Chat' fails to connect altogether. I tried emailing (arabiacars@travelcity-oman.com) them earlier this week, and have not received a reply.

I'm outside the country, so calling them is really not an option (plus I'd have very strong concerns about doing business with them if the only way to communicate is via international long distance phone calls). Does anyone know if they're still in business? Is it typical for them to be very slow to reply to emails?

Or can anyone recommend a different good rental car agency (looking to pickup & drop off at the Muscat Intl Airport) that has 4x4 automatic transmission vehicles?

thanks!

Muscat, Oman
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

Yes. They still are. Here is a proper email ID:

sasikumar@arabiacars-oman.com

Sf Bay Area
Level Contributor
115 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

Thanks, I'll give that address a try.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

Welcome to the Middle East! E-mails aren't checked very frequently. Having the direct address that Masoud posted should help. Otherwise I would usually recommend trying to give them a call (at least to give them your name and alert them to the email you sent).

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

Hi

Yes they are alive and well - we used them when our Car Rental booked from UK with 2 weeks notice - let us down the day before (Dollar).

We had to ask at the desk for 4x4 and these guys luckily had one left.

No probs as yet - although credit card bill not in yet!

5. Re: Is Arabia Cars Oman still in business?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15