We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oman in May

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oman in May

I'm traveling solo to Oman for 10 days next month and I am looking for possible itineraries. I have heard so much of things to see, but can't organize a plan. I am a beach goer and that is a must. My thoughts were to start in Muscat and see sights close by like Nizwa, Sur and Wadi Shab. Then head to Salalah, where I heard the best beaches are in Oman. Any help please.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,726 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oman in May

Just a thought

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1940497-i20141-…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oman in May

silverswimmer's link has discussion about weather and generals of Oman in May. Here are some other topics about itineraries:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k729…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k733…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k733…

Muscat beach hotels:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294007-i4797-k437…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1940497-i20141-k7…

Salalah beach hotels (not up to date):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298419-i7885-k437…

tripadvisor.com/…54470017

Also to note: Salalah will be VERY humid in May and the currents in the ocean may have already gotten dangerous (leading up to khareef).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oman in May

Thanks for the replies and good info. My plans aren't set and it seems the consensus from a lot of posts is that May is not such a good time to go since it's hot humid etc. anyone actually went during this time and had fun? I'm fortunate to be able to go just about anywhere I want so maybe I should look elsewhere with warm water besides the Caribbean or Mexico this time of year.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oman in May

What, not thinking of goin' down the shore?

(Native Philadelphian here)

As I posted in the other thread, May isn't the WORST time to be in Oman. I personally like it around then. The only issue, in my mind, would be Salalah. May was when I used to try to get out of town because of the humidity. Average temperature will be around 90*F in Muscat, with about 25% of the days going above 100*F.

weatherspark.com/averages/…Muscat-Masqat-Oman

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oman in May

Lol... Yea I do go to Avalon during the summer but take big trips usually before summer and in fall. Travel has become such a part of my life and I can't get enough! So oman has been on my mind for a while.

6. Re: Oman in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16