We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extra bag with oman air

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
extra bag with oman air

So I am going to pay a visit to Muscat in a few weeks, I live in London and booked a ticket with Oman Air (LHR-MCT). According to their website, the baggage allowance for economy class is only one volume of 30 kilos and one carry on bag of a mere max of 7 kilos. My problem is that I do have an extra bag of roughly 10 kilos that of course will not be allowed to go in the cabin with me.

The Oman Air website does not provide any information about extra baggage costs and policies, and I called their office in Oman and they were unable to provide any information.

Does anyone have any idea of how much this can cost and if it is possible to pay for it in advance to avoid a huge extra charge?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,333 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extra bag with oman air

Oman Air states "Volume maximum 115cms (45inches) Maximum 07 Kgs for economy pax"

Cannot you put 3k of your hand luggage into the hold bag or will that take it over the 30k? Like you I cannot see an excess luggage rate but it is usually linked to the ticket price.

May I also suggest you phone their London office on 0844 4822309

If no help there then may I suggest you post this also on the Air Travel forum as you may get more input there (but maybe also not so helpful ones)

SS

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extra bag with oman air

thank you for your reply, I am very aware of all of those rules you just posted and that is exactly why I am asking the question. my second bag is bigger than their maximum permited on cabin so I really need to find out how I can take it with me.

3. Re: extra bag with oman air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:17