We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Oman - must see?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Oman - must see?

Hi there,

I'm thinking about going to Oman for a proper holiday - not just a stop over - from Australia. I'll have up to 2 weeks (minus travel time so perhaps 9-10 days realistically).

I have just begun my research but I'm interested in Musandam region, Salalah region, Al Hajar Mountains/Jebel Akhdar/Majlis al Jinn Cave, perhaps a bit of Wahiba desert sands and Wadi Bani Khalid oasis. I understand that Salalah and Musandam are the opposite ends of the country. Do you think it is feasible to visit all these areas in less than 2 weeks?

As I will be travelling alone and am a 23 yr old female, I would prefer to go on a tour. Are there any companies that you would recommend for scenery/landscape/nature focused tours? I may have to do a few day trips/tours to get all of my interests covered though.

Thank you for any advice,

Ashleigh

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Oman - must see?

10 days is enough time to get you to all of those places. Salalah would need at least 2 full days to make the trip worth it. 1 night/2 days for the interior and Jebel Akhdar, 1 night in Wahiba, etc. You could do a loop from Muscat-Nizwa (and surrounding areas)-Ibra-Wadi Bani Khalid-Sur-Majlis al Jinn. Musandam and/or Salalah could then be tacked on to the beginning or end of the route.

There are a number of sample itineraries floating around here that you can take a look at, as well as tour companies that people have used. There are the usual big names that we will always pass along. It depends quite a bit on your budget though, as the big names also cost more.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Oman - must see?

Hello Akewooo;

You can go through the link below and contact some of the travel agencies listed down to get you a qoute. This will give you an idea about the prices and than you can choose few of them and do more research about them;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k745…

Please let us know if you need any more info. Good luck.

Regards,

Edited: 30 August 2014, 20:09
3. Re: 2 weeks in Oman - must see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16