We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Passport

My husband was on a short tourist trip to Israel two years ago. Next March we will be on another cruise, stopping in Oman for a day. We have gotten conflicting advice on if it is okay to have an Israeli stamp in your American passport. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!!

Wadi Shab Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, City Tours
Tours Oman Private Day tours
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Oman Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Bediyah Safari Tours
Mountains, Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport

From what I have seen, it depends on the day. Every time that I have flown in, they have looked through my passport (most likely for an Israeli stamp). I have heard of some people having issues, but I am fairly sure that there is not an official policy that you cannot get in if you have an Israeli stamp in your visa.

For anyone that wants to go to Israel but still wants to be able to travel to the Middle East, there is a nice little trick. If you staple a blank piece of paper into your passport, they will stamp that when you fly into Israel. After you leave, just rip it out. I have not personally tried it, but I know several people who have.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
665 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport

Citizens of Israel with Israeli passports visit Oman. There are no restrictions on travel to Oman.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport

Yeah, Oman as a country is very open-minded. I know that, at least up until recently, they had trade relations with Israel.

To be on the safe side, depending on how much you wish to travel, obtaining a second passport (not sure how this is done) is another option.

4. Re: Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Muscat Governorate