We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back from Oman

poland
10 posts
Save Topic
back from Oman

Dear Travelerls, dear Advicers,

Oman is a wonderful country. People are so nice, so kind. Theree travelling ladies have only positive experience and hundrets of photos.

Again thanks for all information. Best regards from Poland.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: back from Oman

Alhumdulillah! I would love to hear more about it, should you get a chance to post up some specifics. Where were your favorite locations, find any good souvenirs, where did you find the best shwarma? It would be nice for us to be able to reminisce.

I ended up taking something like 1800 pictures the last time I was there. I made a photobucket account just for them (several of them are on my profile here). I suggest you do the same, and definitely post it up here if you are willing to share.

And inshallah you are already thinking about returning.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: back from Oman

I am glad that you enjoyed our country. I for one like it here.

As greasy said, it would be good if you could share some more information about your visit.

And incidently, the best shawarma has to be the shawarma of the Automatic restaurant.

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: back from Oman

Oooooh starting the competition of best sharwarma..... I have to say that Al Tarboosh and Muscat bakery in al khuwair make AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZING sharwarmas!!

Its great to hear that yet another group of women have had an amazing experience here. It truely is a wonderful country with wonderful warm people!! I only pray it won't change as more andmore tourists realise what a gem it is here.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: back from Oman

Muscat Bakery is OK. BUT, AlTarboosh ??? To each his/her own I guess.

AlTarboosh has the best falafel though.

Not that I am getting off topic or anything :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: back from Oman

I never tried the Shwarma from Muscat Bakery. When I was living in Nizwa I had a Muscat Bakery right under my apartment and would go there for a quick breakfast.

I always found that the best Shwarma was from whichever place you could find first after leaving Safari/Copa Cabana/Trader Vic's on a Wednesday night.

6. Re: back from Oman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 11:35
Warsaw
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: back from Oman

Hi there

Your comments about Oman are encouraging. I am planning to visit this country with my family in Feb'2010. Would you like to reccomend any hotel or guesthouse with relatively good standards and reasonable prices (in Muscat or nearby) ?

Also could you share some info on what places (or trip excursions) are worth visiting (must see).

I am also interested, what are the best means of transport there: use rent a car or rather use public buses ?

P.S.

Jesli latwiej byloby Ci napisać w naszym języku, mogę podac prywatny kontakt e-mail.

regards Slawek

8. Re: back from Oman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 06:21