We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how is the oman for family holiday

leicestershire
1 post
Save Topic
how is the oman for family holiday

as we planing to go oman this summer with two kids, need some help for good hotels? and where to stay? and where to go in oman for good family holiday? we are looking for beach and some fun for our 1 and 3 years old kids?

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

Hi

how long are you planning on staying in Oman for... ??

I would highly suggest perhaps one or two nights in muscat and then heading off to Finns Beach to a holiday house I know down there. I have yet to go and check it out but my parents arrive inDec and hope to use it then... it are 150rial per night, 500 for 5nights, 550 for 6nights, 600for 7nights etc etc, so its is more and more economical the more people you have, as it can accomodate 6 in extreme comfort with plenty of room for me. hotel rooms in Muscat are around the 100rial mark for fairly ordinary hotel rooms.

I don't have the web address for the house right now but will try and track it down for you. It is owned by an Omani/English Family.

This is a great location to Tiwi, which has beautiful Wadi's that you can walk up into and spend a day splashing around in the swimming holes. although perhaps not the easiest for a 1 and 3year old :D

Finns is a beautiful white beach, and is 1.5-2hrs drive from Muscat ont he coastal road to Sur.

hotels, alot of people seem to recommend Shangrila and you have everything you could need based right there. you are however a bit out of the city, but then... you may only want a couple of afternoons roaming around the muscat central area.

hope some of this helps

2. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 19:35
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,157 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

Max

Summer?

Have you seen the temperatures here?

OK between October and May but cooking in the summer months.

Oman is a wonderful holiday destination for families with great hotels and beaches.

Have a look through the "Muscat Hotels" reviews in the left hand toolbar.

4. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 11:35
5. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 02:41
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

I would be cautious, as Omani summers get quite hot. Definitely not enjoyable for young children. I would suggest having a secure "home base," as there will be afternoons when you will not want to leave air conditioned rooms. In general, it is not really a country catered to young children. You may end up spending most of your time at a resort. It does depend on what your children like doing though.

rjm's plan sounds decent, although I do not know much about Finns Beach. Tiwi is definitely a neat place to visit, with a cool little town. The only Wadi that we hiked around there was Wadi Shab, which is DEFINITELY not for young children. There are plenty of families that go and picnic at the entrance to the wadi though.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

I agree with all the wisdom shared above. Oman is not a summer holiday destination. Young children will not be comfortable outside.

Oman is mountainous. Lots of mountains surround key cities. During the summer months, these mountains get heated up during the day and gives this heat back during the night. In our summer, it is very hot day and night. Both Tiwi and Fins are no different.

I agree that Fins beach if one of the finest beaches here, but grossly underused.

8. Re: how is the oman for family holiday

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Muscat Governorate