We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Brisbane
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mina Qaboos to Muscat

We are arriving on a cruise ship next June. It docks at Mina Qaboos. Does anyone know how close this is to the centre of Muscat or how much it would cost in a taxi to get there. I have searched and can't find this info.

London, United...
Level Contributor
756 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Mina Qaboos is actually the centre of 'Muscat', which comprises a number of different 'areas'. In other words, if you live outside muscat (or the capital area) you would say you were going to Muscat, in the Muscat area you would be more specific.

Starting in the east, the areas are:

Muscat, consisting of palace, various government buildings, museums, and a couple of forts

Muttrah (where Mina Qaboos is) comprises the souk, corniche

Ruwi - commercial and local shopping area.

It's about 2km from Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Type Muscat, Oman into google maps and you will see Masqat and Mutrah.

London, United...
Level Contributor
756 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Taxi prices?

Shouldn't be more than a couple of rials one way, but I suspect getting off a cruise ship you will be made to pay a lot more.

For comparison, a 20min journey from the airport is OR 7

Brisbane
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Thanks for your reply and clearing this up for me - I saw Muskat and Muttrah but didn't know where it was in conjunction with Mina Qaboos.

Muscat
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

Hi

al in muscat is right.

You will be walking distance to the souk (market) which is a popular tourist spot. From there you could grab a cab to Al Alam palace grounds. This whole area is a great place for those holiday snaps.

Assuming you only have a few hours to play with I would suggest that you stay in or around those areas, as traffic away from there can get quite congested at times.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

AlAlam Palace looks better at night because of the cool lights. If you want to get some good night shots, the palace will be good.

6. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 11:35
7. Re: Mina Qaboos to Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:20