We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

Greens, Dubai
3 posts
Save Topic
travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

Dear All

From reading up on this forum I gather that its possible to go by bus to Oman.

I want to know if British Citizens can easily enter Oman by road and come back to Dubai in the same way.

My visitors visa is expiring and I need to go out of Dubai and come back in order to get 30 days more as I'm a British Citizen.

Has anyone else on this forum done this and how did it go at the border?

Please help as I've never done this before.

Thanks

Kaif

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

Suggest you post this on the Dubai forum

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

Hey

I know quite a few people who have gone to the border numerous times from Muscat to renew their visitors visa. they have had no problems... and often didn't even spend the night in dubai.. the litterally went to the border and crossed back through. they hold a british passport too.

i don't see why you would have any problems.

:)

Dubai
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

You will find all the information on Dubai forum. Infact I have done it too. Took rent a car and from border (Dubai Hatta border) got the Omani visa on Canadian passport. had a day trip to Oman and came back with the residence visa papers to Dubai. I have posted it on Dubai form. check for anwarkhi

Greens, Dubai
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

ok thanks will do

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

We did this trip in January 2009. No problems traveling via ONTC bus line (other than the bus breaking down). Just make sure you have local currency (there are ATM machines at the border crossing). The bus ride can be a little boring, but we enjoyed the trip.

Greens, Dubai
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

many thanks i'm going to attempt it soon to change my visa..once i do i'll post my experience...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

I am a solo female traveling to Muscat for the Eid holidays, I got the bus ticket but unfortunately the morning schedule on the 26th is already full hence I took the afternoon schedule which will reach Muscat at 9pm Insha'allah.

I am confident about the bus trip since there are quite a lot of female travelers nowadays. However, I am a bit concerned on the taxi ride from Ruwi to Grand Hyatt as a solo female traveler. Is it too far and how safe is it? Your thoughts and advise please.

8. Re: travelling to oman by road from dubai for visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:21