We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Muscat
4 posts
Save Topic
About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Hi, I'm a female and i need to go to Dubai. I'm currently in Muscat

and i was wondering if female's are allowed to pass the border by themselves, I have heard that you need a male with you to pass the border? is this true? I hope not

Thanks!

Muscat
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

I'm 14 by the way, do you think its possible for me to pass the border to visit a friend?

Please reply as soon as possible

thanks!

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

I am sure that there are no issues with a female travelling alone.

Being 14 may be a problem however. I would guess that you need to have your legal guardian with you. I am not sure though.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Yeah, that is what I would assume might pose a problem for you. Perhaps a little googling might help you out though.

Muscat,Oman
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Hi there - I would suggest that you contact ONTC - as I assume you will be going by bus as you are planning to go alone?? They will let you know if it will be ok or not for you to travel on your own.

Good luck

Muscat
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

:-). Thanks!

Muscat
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Oh wait, i have another question!!

Im under my dad's name. When i asked him if i could go to dxb, to visit my friend, he told me that they would ask for the person who sponsors my visa. which is him and they wouldn't really let me pass the border without the person who sponsers it or something like that.

I'l check with the ontc's but if anyone know's. would be real great if you could tell me any details about this!

thanks again! :)

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

Knowing the calibre of the people working in ONTC, I would not trust their responses. But that is me. Suggest you check with your dad who could check with someone in the office.

8. Re: About Going to Dubai alone as a female..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 05:19