We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muscat seafood

Dallas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Muscat seafood

I heard there's plenty of cheap seafood restaurant around Muscat. can someone please clarify this?

Thnaks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muscat seafood

With lots of fisheries around Muscat, you are bound to find an abundance of seafood. The Seeb fish market is quite large, so around there you will find some good options. I must confess that I haven't gone out for seafood much, as we generally opt to buy it and prepare ourselves.

Dallas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Muscat seafood

Thanks Greasy!

We're on a budget so how much would it normally cost for a descent seafood dinner for two?

:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muscat seafood

The only seafood restaurants with a mention in Time Out are:

Bait al Bahr at Shangri La 40 OR per head

Beach Pavilion at Al Bustan 65 OR per head

The Beach at Chedi 45 OR per head

most hotels also do a 'seafood night' once per week as well as their usual buffet.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muscat seafood

Seafood buffet night at the Al Bustan was superb-lobster,king prawns,shellfish,caviar,beautiful grilled fish etc.

Price was OMR24++

Dallas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Muscat seafood

Dear silverswimmer,

Do you still remember which restaurant you were at?

Thanks for helping out!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Muscat seafood

The main restaurant Al Khiran has a seafood night once a week,with other themes on other nights.

Extract from my review:-

"Al Khiran Terrace. We treated ourselves on the two other nights by choosing the themed buffets carefully. They vary in price from OMR17.000++(Indian or Arabian) OMR19.000++(Mediterranean and Far Eastern) French and Italian OMR20.000++ and Seafood OMR23.000++.

We chose the Seafood night which was a fabulous spread including lobster, prawns and fresh Gulf of Oman fish together with delicious starters and desserts. Bill, including wine, was a heart stopping OMR69.00 (£127) but it was a wonderful meal.

Our second visit was for Mediterranean night which was certainly the best dinner we had in Oman. A wonderful array of starters, including Serrano & Parma hams and the best of Tapas led on to great steaks and joints and the usual wonderful desserts. Bill this time with wine was OMR52.000(£96)"

Full f&b review here:-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294006-i2046-k269…

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Muscat seafood

If you are on a budget, go to Turkish House restaurant in Khuwair. You can get a local fish grilled with some rice and some dips for around 20 rials for 2 people.

There is another seafood restaurant in Qurum on the road between Qurum Natural park and Crown plaza hotel that is also reasonable.

I prefer Turkish house in khuwair.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Muscat seafood

Turkish House for sure. It's listed on Trip Advisor

9. Re: Muscat seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Muscat Governorate
Recent Conversations