We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirement

Ipoh, Malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
Visa requirement

I am a Malaysia passport holder. Is it I can apply my visa on arrival at Muscat airport with my return ticket?

My email address is :- cmlam23@gmail.com

Thanks

Regards

Lam

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirement

I am fairly sure that Malaysian passport holders ARE eligible to obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirement

One of the top questions posted near the top of this page talks about Visa on arrival.

The website linked to: http://www.omanairports.com/visaonarivals.asp which is the official agency for issuing visa on arrival in airports, state that Malaysian citizens CAN obtain visa on arrival in Oman airports.

Welcome to Oman, hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed your beautiful country.

Pyongyang, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa requirement

According to http://www.omanairports.com/visaonarivals.asp the visa on arrival for those not living in or comming via another gulf state is not available for tourists. The webpage states "Only applicable to Businessmen visiting Oman regularly with sufficient documents."

As many webpages and people, including on this forum, claims that visa on arrival is possible I have tried to contact both the Oman embassy in Berlin and London to find what is actually the truth, but none of them have replied. The visa information on their websites is also unclear and does not mention visa on arrival.

The ministry of foreign affairs in Norway also claims that visa on arrival is possible in Oman, but say that I should contact an embassy first (Oman have no embassy in Norway). The embassies are anyway not responding.

Edited: 15 October 2010, 06:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa requirement

Sorry robertaas, but you are totally wrong. READ what it says on the website: http://www.omanairports.com/visaonarivals.asp

Arriving passengers who are eligible for Visa on Arrival are able to make visa payments at the Travelex Foreign Exchange bureau located in the immigration arrivals hall, payments can be accepted in most currencies or by credit card, an automatic receipt will be issued to the traveller this receipt is then presented at the immigration desk, this reduces the time and queues for processing.

ELIGIBILITY: Countries from List A

List A:

Countries - List A:

European Countries

Andorra Croatia

Germany Latvia Monaco San Marino Turkey

Austria Czech Rep. Greece Liechtenstein Netherlands Slovakia Vatican

Belgium Denmark Hungary Lithuania Norway Slovenia

Bosnia and Herzegovina Estonia Iceland Luxembourg Poland Spain

Britain Finland Italy Macedon Portugal Sweden

Bulgaria France Ireland Moldova Rumania Switzerland

South American Countries

Argentina French Guiana

Bolivia Paraguay

Brazil Peru

Chile Suriname

Colombia Uruguay

Ecuador Venezuela

Other Countries

Australia Lebanon South Korea

Brunei Dar al-Salam Malaysia Taiwan

Canada New Zealand Thailand

Hong Kong Seychelles Tunis

Indonesia Singapore United States of America

Japan South Africa

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa requirement

robertaas- If you go back to that site, you will realize that what you saw was actually a condition for the multiple entry visa. What this means is that if you are not a "proven" businessman, you will have to get a visa each time you arrive in Oman.

Also please notice that Norway is present in the list of countries that al just kindly posted for you. This means that you are eligible for a visa on arrival (just making the assumption that you are Norwegian).

Pyongyang, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa requirement

I now see that the businessman-limitation was only for multiple entries. Thanks for pointing that out greasy.

Now I just need to find an ok hotel that does not cost 300 euros a night. :-)

7. Re: Visa requirement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 06:18