We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

I will be in the Oman from Feb 14 to 21, by myself.

I am planning to stay in Muscat until the 17 and take day trips to Yitti and Wadi Mayh.

Looking for help, suggestions for the remaining days, from 17 to 21 - is there enough to do in Muscat if i stay more days or should i go somewhere else?

I am not really into very touristy places, prefer quiet spots, nature, beaches, small villages, etc.

Any opinion is appreciated!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

There is more than enough in and around Muscat to keep you busy for the whole time. However, it sounds like you would probably enjoy Salalah also. It is a VERY different view of Oman that I personally love. The flight from Muscat costs ~60 rial and is very easy.

2. Re: Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 18:35
Shuwaymiyah
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

in and around and muscat you may spend 3-4 days: sur, ras alhadd-wadi bani kahled-wahiba sands and nizwa. salalah is also very interesting as it shows a totally diff. face of oman. flight to salalah omr 64,-- (return) if not salalah you may do khasab in the fare north of oman flight to khasab omr 58,-- return.

it is also possible to drive from there directly to the uae.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

If you like nature, then look at taking a dolphin watching trip that can include snorkelling or ask to view some quiet coves to swim very near Muscat. It is not touristy at all and gives you and appreciation of the equal importance of the sea to the Omanis.

You can also visit many forts on day trips in the area like Barka or Nakhl. Nakhl has hot springs as well.

Salalah is a great suggestion. Have you also thought of going to Nizwa?

5. Re: Advice for Oman/Muscat Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 05:16