We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short transfer at Muscat

Droitwich, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Short transfer at Muscat

Hi

We are looking at flights which offer a 1.4 transfer and a 1 hour transfer via Muscat on Oman Air- they themselves are offering this as an option so I am assuming this is perfectly doable?

Your thoughts?

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

Maybe others can help, but I do not understand your question:

What is a 1.4 transfer?

You assume what is dooable? Transfer, or that you want to do something while on a 1 hour stop in Muscat?

People transfer through Muscat all the time and that usually goes fine.

Please do clarify your query and we will attempt to help.

Droitwich, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

there is just 1.4 hours between flights but we are just in transit, so my question was whether given the timescale the transfer from one flight to the next is workable

We have had short transits in other airports and with other airlines, just interested in peoples experiences with Oman air and Muscat airport for efficiency with transits

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

1.4 hours is 84 minutes.

Muscat is a tiny little airport. I have had days when I didn't even have to wait at the baggage claim for my bag, they get them offloaded really quickly. I wouldn't worry much about transfer time in Muscat.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

Workable and you should be fine.

You will probably have time for a quick coffee at costa next to the gate.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,178 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

Agreed the airport is small and transfers easy,but you have to ask, if your LHR flight is delayed and you miss your next flight, how long will the delay be. If you are flying onto Bangkok,where Oman Air only fly daily you will have a 24 hour involuntary stopover in an airport hotel.

6. Re: Short transfer at Muscat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Muscat Governorate